Prize Patrol

Scholarship winners surprised with big checks

Each year, Columbia College Admissions staff, and other college representatives bring excitement to an otherwise common high school day.

Throughout the fall and early Spring, prospective students participate in interviews competing for one of ten full tuition scholarships, five of which also offer full room and board.

While it is exciting simply to know these excellent students are coming to CC in the fall, perhaps one of the most exciting parts of the process is the ability to go to students’ high schools and surprise them in front of their peers with, quite literally, a big check.

Anonymous said...

I think it would be great if online students could get the same opportunities. We work just as hard and it is impossible sometimes to leave the families. Some of us are a lot older than the usual student and didn't have some successes as those still in high school. We should be given a chance as well. It should not be held against us by how old we are.

CC PubMar said...

Scholarships are available to students attending any of our campuses - including the Online Campus. Check out our Scholarship Finder to see all scholarships available. Here's a link to the online-specific scholarships available: http://www.ccis.edu/offices/financialaid/scholarshipfinder/onlinescholarships.asp. Any student who plans to attend the Day Campus and wishes to participate in a Scholarship Day competition, is eligible to receive one of the awards highlighted in this story.

Matt Preston said...

Have the winners of this years Alumni Scholarship been announced yet?

CC PubMar said...

Matt - yes, they have, but the reception is tonight during Alumni Weekend! We should have stories on the web soon, but in the meantime, check out the list in the latest edition of Affinity magazine: http://issuu.com/columbiacollegealumni/docs/affinity-spring14/12.

Anonymous said...

To Annonymous:

Think again, Day students pay the most over online or evening students. It is not about the age. I think your view is skewed. Think about the total expense for the Day students before making silly comment.

TLVadala said...

online students are able to apply for scholarships, as well, but, no, they do not arrive with big checks that I know of, lol. We work just as hard, and juggle a family - most of us-plus work full time. I think it's awesome that it's an option, though. I'm very excited for these recipients. That is totally awesome. I hope to earn some of the scholarships I've applied for to save me some cash.