Our year together will not be dull. (Actually, it's never dull at CC.) I will give details at the State of the College address at 11:OOam CPT on September 12, but here's a preview:
- In August, we will launch an institutional effectiveness initiative (known as LEAN) designed to improve processes and eliminate waste.
- We will launch two new degree programs this fall: Masters in Educational Leadership and Bachelors in Public Administration. (And at the Main Campus, an updated Graphic Design major, and a restored Bachelor of Arts in Music in 2014.)
- On August 29, Adult Higher Education will celebrate its 40th anniversary. Every campus across the country will commemorate this milestone, which began in St. Louis in 1973. Columbia College-St. Louis will celebrate with a rededication of its renovated facility.
- On September 26, we will dedicate the Gerald T. and Bonnie M. Brouder Science Center, an extraordinary space named for extraordinary people.
- A task force will continue examining our general education curriculum.
- We will work on achieving the new Key Goals in the Transformational Plan. You will be asked for input on them soon.
- Perhaps most importantly, we will look closely at futuristic teaching modalities in order to position Columbia College for greatness in 2023-24. Intrigued? Stay tuned.
While there may be changes in the coming year, one constant is guaranteed: the ubiquitous primacy of the mission 'of exemplary teaching and deep learning in the liberal arts and sciences in an environment of civility and respect. Give me your advice (email@example.com- I'm not on Facebook and I don’t Tweet). Let me know how you and I can make sure Columbia College is a better place to teach and learn tomorrow.
School starts soon. Enjoy your year.