Inviting all Christian and Columbia College alumni, family and friends: come on home Friday, Sept. 30 and Saturday, Oct. 1
Family Day & Homecoming is one of Columbia College’s long-standing traditions. It’s a weekend packed with activities, games, food and entertainment for all.
This year’s events start at 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30 and run into the wee hours of Saturday, Oct. 1. They include:
- An alumni art show and reception followed by a reunion social, Sidney Larson Gallery, Brown Hall. Featuring alumni artists from the 1970-1980s era, who will return to campus to showcase their artwork to alumni, faculty, students and the Columbia College community.
- The annual Athletic Hall of Fame Dinner & Induction Ceremony, Banquet Room, Dulany Hall. This year’s inductees are Tiffany Foote, women’s basketball player, 2001-05; Dan Hogan, soccer coach, 1991-99; John-Mark (“JJ”) Jones, men’s basketball player, 1991-93; and Jennifer Kamp, softball player, 1994-96, 1999..Read more about these talented individuals.
- Columbia College Annual Fall Formal Masquerade. Join Columbia College students at the Columbia Country Club, just south of campus, for this year's masked ball.
- Student Government Association 5K Run/Walk, benefiting Ronald McDonald House, Stephens Lake Park, east of campus. This facility provides housing for families who have seriously ill children in area hospitals.
- The Elysium Players will perform skits and dramatic readings on the Atkins-Holman Student Commons lawn at 11 a.mm followed by their Musical Theater Cabaret at noon. The Elysium Players tent will also host a magic show at 1 p.m. and the Jane Froman singers at 2 p.m.
- The Columbia College Alumni Association Hospitality Tent, Buchanan Hall lawn. Stop by on Saturday to pick up your free gift, have your photo taken with Scooter the Cougar, take your chances on the wheel of trivia, celebrate reunion class years 1981, 1986, 1991, 2001 and 2006 — or just stop and chat with fellow alumni and friends.
- Family activities and games, south lawn of Brown Hall. Bring the whole family!
- Alumni and Cougar Club Reception, Shiloh Bar & Grill, downtown Columbia, a perfect opportunity to sit back and relax with fellow classmates and Cougar Club members.
- Cougar Athletics: a men’s and women’s basketball scrimmage at The Arena of Southwell Complex and a regular season Cougars soccer game vs. Lindenwood University, R. Marvin Owens Soccer Field. There also will be alumni softball and women’s and men’s basketball games.
So find out what your classmates have been up to, enjoy the activities and take time to revisit old haunts and see what’s new on campus.
For more details or to register, visit the Family Day and Homecoming website. You may also contact the Alumni Relations office at (573) 875-ALUM (2586) or email@example.com.