Calling all alumni: come on home to Columbia College!Dear friends,
Reunion Weekend is a special time at Columbia College for each and every one of us! I personally invite you to join me for this amazing weekend, April 15-17, 2011. It is truly a wonderful time for me because I get to thank all of you in person for being a great alum and to relive your college days. We have planned for surprises this year to make your time on main campus with your friends unforgettable! There will be so much to do -- and if that isn't enough, we can talk and laugh until dawn! CC affinity will be on high this weekend! Share the pride and pack your bags -- join us for a truly memorable time at Columbia College! You will enjoy every minute!!
--Dale Coe Simons '65
President, Columbia College Alumni Association (CCAA)
View a video invitation from Dale and other alumni.
Make plans now to join the celebration, rekindle friendships and visit Missouri Hall, Dorsey Chapel, Miller Hall and other places special to you during your time at Columbia (Christian) College. Discover how student life at Columbia (Christian) College has changed and how it has remained the same.
This year's reunion classes are 1931, 1941, 1951, 1961 and 1971.
Register, view a list of who's coming by class year, travel information, hotel information and directions to campus.
Here's just a small sampling of events:
- Friday, April 15, noon: Alumni Award Recipients Panel, Dulany Hall, Banquet Room. Join a panel discussion featuring our 2011 alumni award recipients Michael Sawyer '74, Franette L. Iwanski '04 and Judith Cunningham '64 to hear their stories and reflections on how Columbia College impacted their lives and careers.
- Friday, April 15, 2 p.m.: Master Artist Series Reception and Presentation, Brown Hall. Join master printmakers and painters Randy Arnold ’79 and Doug Russell ’90 and Columbia College art faculty for a reception and presentation. Their work will be on display all weekend in the Sidney Larson Gallery.
- Friday, April 15, 7 p.m., Saturday April 16 2:30 p.m.: "Blithe Spirit" by Noel Coward, Launer Auditorium. Performed by the Elysium Players under the direction of Nollie Moore and featuring alumna Anna Harvey Sheeley '75.
- Saturday, April 16, 10:30 a.m.: Professor David O’Hagan Studio and Professor Elaine Grev Practice Suite Dedication, Kirkman House, Tenth Street. Join us as we recognize David O’Hagan, professor emeritus of music 1965-2000, and Elaine Grev, professor emerita of music 1966-1998, for their outstanding years of service to Christian College/Columbia College’s music program.
- Saturday, April 16, 6 p.m.: Alumni Awards Reception, followed by Banquet and Presentation. Enjoy a social evening with the CCAA Board of Directors, President Gerald T. Brouder and fellow alumni; then a banquet featuring the Jane Froman Singers directed by Nollie Moore.
- Sunday, April 17, 10 a.m.: Golden Anniversary Brunch and Ivy Chain Ceremony, Dorsey Hall, Gym. Join members of the Class of 1961 as they are inducted into the 50-Year Club, followed by a re-enactment of the Ivy Chain ceremony for all members of the 50-Year Club. All alumni welcome.