Columbia College to hold Sunset Session Aug. 3, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. in Banquet Room, Dulany Hall

Rogers Gates at night

Free Evening program event can help you decide if you're ready to attend school in the evening.

Can't decide if you're ready to boost your career by earning an undergraduate or master's degree?

Columbia College is hosting an Evening program "Sunset Session" from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Aug. 3 in the Banquet Room of Dulany Hall on the Columbia College main campus. Snacks and refreshments will be provided. The event will answer your questions about affordability and planning for a nursing degree, business administration degree, psychology degree, computer science degree, criminal justice degree and much more.

Phillip M. Lederle is a father of two preteen children who works full time with the Columbia Police Department and is a command sergeant major in the Army. Over the past five years, he has been deployed in country and overseas to Kosovo in support of NATO.

He still found time to earn a master’s degree in criminal justice this year with the Graduate Evening Program.

"Columbia College offered evening classes that I could match to my schedule and family needs," he said. "The quality of the program was the final piece of my decision to enroll in the Master of Science in Criminal Justice program... Each class stressed critical thinking skills that will help prepare me for the future."

"As a full-time employee, father, husband and soldier, Columbia College allowed me to balance my life with my educational goals. By offering classes every eight weeks, I struck the right balance... Columbia College offers flexibility that most programs don’t," Lederle said.

You can explore balancing your educational needs with life with knowledgeable staff at the session and find answers to questions about affordability and planning for a quick or paced advancement to a degree. You'll find the Evening program is adaptable, with the option of taking classes online or on campus -- or both.

Bring those that may be affected by your decision! Pursuing a degree is a major commitment of time, and your family or partner needs to know that.

You're time is precious, so make the most of it.

To RSVP, call (800) 231-2391, ext. 7348 or go to the online form to sign up.